Sunday, February 20, 2011

Owl

Since I'm still waiting for my Sweet Bag book to come in, I figured I would use this time to do some more embroidery, perhaps trying some new things. I decided to try and pick up some more competencies for Athena's Thimble, the East Kingdom Needleworkers Guild. The list of categories is found here. I already have a competency in Counted Work, and Period Competencies in Canvaswork and Blackwork.

So I decided to finish a needlebook I started last summer, which features the emblem of the Guild. Here's the finished embroidery:



It's silk floss on silk-satin; I used chain, split and satin stitches. I'm pretty happy with the way he came out- he has a bit of personality, and I like that. I do think that free embroidery is not my favorite, or my strong point, but I need to expand my repertoire of stitches and skills, so that's always a good thing to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment