Sunday, July 15, 2012

Woops!

So, I was looking at my freshly inked sleeved, and showed the design to my husband. I said, "I think there's too much white space in between the animals." And then I went back and looked at the original. And sure enough there are 5 animal motifs. On the TORSO. There are SEVEN on each arm. So, back into illustrator, and now to re-ink a new sleeve. The husband is seeing if oxyclean can get the ink off of the already hemmed and corded inked sleeve, but if not...new sleeve it is!

However, it could be much, much worse. I hadn't started any embroidery yet, and really, since I figured out doing it in Adobe Illustrator, it's much easier to revise and print my new design.

But I hate, hate, hate to waste things, especially fabric. I might be able to use the floral bands for the cuffs and collar, perhaps, and that might make me feel better. So we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried it on gel ink, but milk will often get ink out of fabric. If you have a bit of scrap you might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete