Thursday, July 19, 2012

Progress shot

I had to rip out quite a bit, since my stem stitch was being difficult. Too many "feet". So I texted Mistreess Cellcah, who suggested "smaller stitches, and try coming to the other side (i.e. work the stitch from left to right, instead of right to left, for example)." I did those things, and have had more success. I'm still a little concerned that parts are looking "hairy" but the thread (soie perlee) seems very tightly wound, more so than when I used soie perlee with my polychrome coif. So I'm not sure if it's a materials thing, or a user error. Probably a user error. ;) But it gets better as I go on, and the overall effect is very pleasing. I'm waiting until the sleeve is off the frame to do the lines along each floral band, so I can make sure they are embroidered straight, instead of torquing because of being stitched to a frame.

1 comment: